Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A walk in English Summer

This summer has been sober
It is like all season without sunshine
Could not rely on the forecast either
Rain drops hit on me when it says 'Today will be fine'

One morning the sun finally smile
Warm breeze passed by to kiss
Alas! Summer is here after quite a while
Everybody is out with style...bliss!

Out comes the mini shorts and flip-flops
Sun glasses, singlets and skirts
Then you'll see walking bodies with no tops
Sunbathing or playing squirts

Would you mind walking with me to Regents Park?
I want to feed the ducks, pigeons and the beautiful white swan
It is still long before dark
Plenty of time to have some fun 

Come on...let me take you to the wide green field
Can you see the squirrels on the dancing trees?
This is where I come to get the sored heart healed
Feel the wind, smell the acacia scent...hmmm peace


 Down the other end is the English garden
Tall and round water fountain greets the entrance
Pink roses, purple lavenders, yellow iris, coreopsis golden
In winter when everything is white or grey, you'll miss their presence



Myself, my friend Azy and my sister, Nora at The English Garden in Regents Park London
                                

No comments: