Friday, September 13, 2013

First Love





When I was young, I look up to you
Confident that everything will be fine
As long as I clung tight to you
Darkness will eventually shine
When I was a teenager
I fell in love with you
You were my hero, my boyfriend, my lover
Because I have you
There was no space for strangers
You were the best mentor, wise counsellor
My strong motivator
And
Whenever I screwed up, you were always my ever willing guarantor
When I entered adulthood,
You were on duty faaaaar away
I was so sad no words can say
Then Allah sent him, who seems to understand me like you do
I love him but not the same as how I love you
When you said I can marry him and still have your love in my life
You made me the happiest girl alive
Today,
No matter how scary life can be
When I hear your voice at the other end
I'm relieved...confident that everything will be okay
I love you Abah




No comments: